What made you first become a model?
As a child I can't say it was a dream of mine, I've never really been fully confident in myself/my looks. I began work at a novelty store right after high school and maybe about a year into my customers/coworkers telling me to give it a try I finally did. It's been 2 years now and I just genuinely love being in front of the camera! It's been amazing from the experiences to even improving my mental health a little.
- How did you feel when you did your first ever fashion show or photo shoot? My first ever photo shoot was a content trade and the attire was lingerie.. something I'm very comfortable in, so to be completely honest I was mostly excited about the whole experience, I showed up on set with everything I needed and might need about 30 minutes early. I was eager to learn all about every aspect of the scene. It was a very successful shoot.
- Who was your role model as a child an how did that help in being a model? As a child my role model was Marilyn Monroe.. I feel that seems so cliche but it's true. I admired her for multiple reasons, one being that after all the controversy surrounding her and the president she did not shy away from the public instead becoming a model and being unapologetically herself. She was more than a sex symbol she was a business woman. I've always wanted to be successful but sexy at the same time!
- What did your parent first think of you being a model and where they supportive? They were shocked, my goal after high school was to go to college and modeling was never talked about or brought up until I was already doing it. They have been nothing but supportive since.
- How do you feel about the controversy of the size 0 debate in the industry? Considering that I am a size 0 I don't really feel that I have much room for opinion on the subject. But I'm glad it's being talked about. All women are beautiful and should be marketable. The discussion has brought about confidence in the plus size community.
- If your were not a model, what other profession would you have been doing instead? Politics and Law
- What are guilty pleasures food wise? I have a strange food addiction, not necessarily to a food but to an ingredient. I eat Malt powder (Malted Milk). It's used for milkshakes.
- How do you cope under the pressures of being a model? I mean I cry a lot, but I have an amazing support system that doesn't let me forget how important it is to not give up on reaching my goals. I suffer from anxiety and depression which doesn't help, but I have picked up small coping mechanisms, such as yoga, to help me a little more.
- What beauty tips do you swear by? I only wear makeup for set, and I give complete creativity to the makeup artists and or director.
- If a young girl/boy wanted to be a model what would your advice for them be? It's not as easy of a career as you'd think, but if you're really passionate about it persistent and patience is all you need.