- What is your name and what city do you rep?
Josh Williams. I'm from Birmingham AL
- What is unique about you and your music?
I guess the way I look at things. I focus on details that might not matter to anyone else and I think that comes thru with the way I write songs.
Where I grew up.
Part of the time I lived out in the sticks and part of the time I lived in the city,
so I got a great mix of music and stories from the people I met
- When did you realize you were going to make music professionally?
I always enjoyed music. I started playing guitar then songs started coming. A friend got me to play an open mic and before you know it I'm playing all over. One day I got a check and it clicked that, "Hey this could be something that's puts gas in my car and buys bread not just a fun thing to do."
- What type of music do you listen to?
Mostly hip hop and RockN Roll.
I love the Stones and Dilla
Songwriting to me is really important so,Dylan ,John Prine ,and Kendrick Lamar are always on
- Who, to you, is the most undervalued music artist? Rick James. People always talk about James Brown and Prince,but Rick had some of the craziest funkiest songs ever made. He could work a crowd better then anyone. I strive to have energy like that.
- How do you prepare for your performances?
Practice Practice Practice Practice! Even the jokes between songs always making sure that it sounds and goes as smooth as possible.
- What ignites your (song) writing flow?
I've written some of my best stuff running a machine at a factory.
I play with words in my mind to pass the time and out come lyrics.
- What do you do when you don't do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about?
Not much to be honest. I work a lot so I don't have time to do much else.
I paint from time to time but I'm not good at it, its still fun though.
Being able to pay rent and help people.
If I can eat then I'm happy.
- What do you wish you were told when you first started preforming that you think would help anyone recently starting artists out?
Make a lot of friends! Be nice and supportive to every one! Don't be afraid to make an ass of yourself. Its not always gonna go right and you got to be able to laugh it off and do it again, If you're like me and your bad,the best thing you can do is get a PA system cause they have to let you play at the show if its your PA.
YES! I have a new record I'm working on called "Thank you for Listening" it should be out sometime in June,so stay tuned.
- Where do we find you music / music project?
You can find me at www.instagram.com/firecamino
And you can find my music at www.firecamino.bandcamp.com